How to Save for Your Child's Education
- Wednesday, 12 September 2012
September is now in full swing and the kids are back in school. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It’s good! With the cost of post secondary education going up every year it almost feels like a bad thing, however, for those people wanting to help the students or students-to-be in their lives, what better way than to start them off with a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP).
Losing the Canadian Penny
- Monday, 10 September 2012
Here we go again, more about the penny. Earlier this year, the government of Canada announced that they will stop producing the penny- apparently it’s more expensive to make than it’s worth. It costs 1.6 ¢ to create a 1¢ penny. In 2010, the Royal Canadian Mint spent $11 million to distribute $6.9 million worth of pennies. Now comes the question, how does this affect businesses, small and large?
Invoicing Tips to Get Paid Sooner
- Friday, 07 September 2012
All businesses go through the process of submitting invoices to customers, and collecting payments. Businesses also have the problem of not having their invoices paid on time or not being paid at all. We know that invoicing and keeping track of payments coming and going out of the company can be difficult to manage, but it must be done to stay afloat in this hectic world of business.
- The Benefits of Being the Small Guy??
- When and How to Successfully Borrow Money
- Year End Tips to Benefit You in 2012
- 8 Simple Strategies to Reduce Taxes for the Owner-Manager
- HST Benefits for Small Businesses-Revisited
- What You Should Know About Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSA)
- Mastering Your Company's Finances- Part 2
- Mastering Your Company's Finances-Part 1
- Are You Throwing Money Down The Drain?
- 6 Home Based Business Tax Deductions You Don’t Want to Miss