Sean Conlin

“Before working with Williamson Accounting, I was having a hard time finding an accounting professional that I could trust and get along with, but at Williamson Accounting, they are great. I can count on them for anything. Now I have peace of mind when I think about the financials of my business. They provide me with worry free service, are very professional, and friendly too. They took time out to understand my business and needs, listened to all my ideas and provide me with great service overall.”

Sean Conlin, President, Demand Sprinkler Design Inc.


Newsletter Sign-up

Receive current Business News and Tips

Newsletter Sign-up

Williamson Accounting Inc. helping your small business to reduce taxes and simplify accounting in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and across Canada.

For a free initial conversation about your business, call (416) 444-8747 or Contact us.

There is no better time than at the start of the year to take actions that will minimize your tax bill. Here is a  few ideas to consider: 

Maximize contributions to your Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP):

The contribution cap for 2009 is $21,000. And don’t forget, you still have until March 2 to max out your 2008 contribution room of $20,000. The sooner you contribute, the sooner the money starts growing  tax-free until you start to withdraw. Consider adding contributions to the usual monthly household payments you make. In return for your contributions you get a tax credit.

Split pension income:

If you received "eligible" pension income last year, it might be worthwhile to split as much as half of it with your spouse or common law partner to lower your taxes. If you are age 65 years or older, eligible money includes:  

1. Income from a Registered Pension Plan (RPP);

2. Annuities from a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP);

3. Payments from a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), and

4. The taxable portion of annuities from a superannuation or pension fund  or plan. 

For individuals under the age of 65, qualifying income comprises money from pension plans and superannuation plans, including foreign pensions.

Split taxable income:

You will pay less tax if you make less money, so if you can transfer income to a lower income spouse, common law partner or child your taxable earnings decline. However, the lower income individual must actually perform job-related duties, you must keep employment records, and you must pay a wage or salary commensurate with what you would pay anyone to do the same job. An additional benefit of this strategy is that a hired spouse will be contributing to the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and be able to contribute to an RRSP.

These are just a few tax saving ideas. There are many more that you may benefit from as a tax payer. Contact us this tax season and ensure you get the tax credits you are entitled.

Visit Us

We are located near Sheppard Ave. and the 401/ 404 Hwy corridor at 203- 211 Consumer Road 
Toronto, ON M2J 4G8
Tel: 416-444-8747
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.



"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

All Rights Reserved 2017. Williamson Accounting Inc.